Spanish: Beginners 3
Location Coleridge Community College
Start Date 25 April 2018
Time 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Weeks 10 weeks
Price £105 (£69 concession)
This is a course for beginners where you will learn how to communicate effectively in everyday situations in Spanish speaking countries (Spain and 20 Latin American countries). All learners’ interests, needs and goals will be taken into consideration to make the learning experience appealing and meaningful.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
40 previous hours experience required
By the end of the one-year course you will have the opportunity to learn how to:
• Greet people, give and ask for personal information (name, age, profession, nationality, etc).
• Express intention and motive of what you do.
• Describe countries, places and their weather.
• Express existence and location.
• Go shopping (ask for products, price and express preference and need).
• Describe people (physical appearance and personality).
• Express likes and dislikes.
• Introduce your family.
• Explain your daily routine.
• Order food and drinks in a restaurant or bar.
• Describe towns, local areas, their facilities and services.
• Give and ask for directions.
• Explain past experiences (Pretérito Perfecto Compuesto).
• Talk about skills and abilities.
About Your Tutor:
Luisa Turmo-Coderque is a native Spanish speaker. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (MCIOL). She holds a Degree in Spanish Law from the University of Zaragoza (Spain) and a Language Teaching Qualification (Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults) awarded by International House Barcelona and the University of Barcelona (Spain) Institute for Lifelong Learning (IL3). She also holds an MA in Legal Translation and Interpreting (English-Spanish). She is a professional translator and teaches adult Spanish courses at various Colleges around Cambridgeshire. Her tuition follows a communicative approach focused on the use of the target language (Spanish).
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
Aula Internacional I, New Edition (bilingual version), Students Book 1 with exercises and CD. Publisher: Difusión-European Schoolbooks. ISBN 978-84-15846-77-2 (Approx. cost from new: £22)
For the first session you will need to bring:
Notebook and pen
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Learners will be able to proceed to the Spanish Beginners 2 course.
The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*we do not accept American Express), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold, are in receipt of a means tested benefit or who are unemployed. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.