Nutrition for Health (NOVEMBER DAY SCHOOL)
Location Coleridge Community College
Start Date 25 November 2017
Time 10.00am - 3.00pm
Weeks 1 weeks
Health nutrition is the study and practice of nutrition and diet as it relates to improved well-being and health outcomes. The aim of this course is to provide adults who are interested in the area with the knowledge and skills required to improve their diets and nutritional intakes with the aim of improving health, well-being and long term quality of life. The course will offer an introduction to fundamental nutritional concepts and will focus on nutritional principles designed to improve overall health and wellness and combat preventable diet related illness.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
By the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to:
• Understand fundamental nutritional principles
• Appreciate how diet impacts health and well-being
• Turn nutritional principles into practical dietary plans
• Gain an understanding of the dietary principles of weight management
• Produce a personal healthy dietary plan and target
About Your Tutor:
Phil Woodbridge has an MSc in Applied Sports Nutrition with distinction and a 1st Class BA (Hons) degree in Sports Studies. He is a registered Sports Nutritionist with the Sport and Exercise Nutrition register part of the British Dietetics Association. Phil has a passion for sport and food, is a vegetarian with an interest in plant-based nutrition for health and is currently writing a nutrition guide for plant-based training and running.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
For the first session you will need to bring:
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Produce a personalised diet and nutrition plan aimed at improving overall health and well-being.
The Learn and Train office is also able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*50p charge), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold / are in receipt of a means tested benefit. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.