Get That Job
Location Trumpington Community College
Start Date 7 November 2017
Time 6.45pm - 8.45pm
Weeks 5 weeks
Price £20 (fully funded if in reciept of JSA/ESA)
A practical program for both Job Hunters & Career-Changers, for returning parents, unemployed or career changers. Specifically it is for those that want to find more meaningful work (or start their own business). Meaningful work is, in this case means work that uses your strengths and transferable skills. The program will also help you to plan your actions, and you will also get peer support and a chance to network with peers.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
None, however it is necessary to take sustained action in and outside the program, i.e. you bring the motivation, we light the fuse. If you are able to do any preparatory work I recommend you do the self inventory Exercise in 'What Color is Your Parachute' by Richard Bolles (see the links below), specifically re. understanding your transferable skills. If you wish to contact me on this subject then do so; firstname.lastname@example.org
By the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to:
• Identify your strengths & transferable skills.
• Have a clear road map or action plan to get you into meaningful work.
• Understand what works and what does not when hunting for work.
• Start exploring your network to find meaningful work.
About Your Tutor:
Chris Lane is a professional coach who has the real life, broad background experience to deliver this type of program. He has over 2000 hours of experience of delivering this type of program. His other passion is business and he has started and run two successful businesses. He obtained his coaching Diploma from the University of Cambridge and his previous (15 yr) career was as an engineer, which he started as an apprentice.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
Bring your own note book, plus....
I recommend that if possible students get a copy of What Color is Your Parachute, by Richard Bolles, see links...
• 2015 edition, £3:60 includes postage see (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1607745550/ref=sr_1_12_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1496672535&sr=8-12&keywords=what+colour+is+your+parachute)
• 2017 edition, £10:30 includes postage (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/039957820X/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1496672535&sr=8-1&keywords=what+colour+is+your+parachute)
For the first session you will need to bring:
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
The program will set you of on your roadmap to your next job. However it can take (on average) about three months to secure work. Therefore it is important to set the expectation of what can be achieved on a five week program. There can often be ongoing support available for job hunters and people that wish to start their own business and we will look at that on the course.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*50p charge), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold / are in receipt of a means tested benefit. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or email@example.com. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.