Floral Design: Rose to Delphinium
Location Coleridge Community College
Start Date 26 April 2018
Weeks 10 weeks
Price £113 (£77 concession)
On this intermediate level course you will use flower arranging and floristry techniques to create beautiful floral designs for a number of occasions for the summer season. We will work with wet floral foam, vase, wire and gift wrap to create a variety of floral designs including summer table centre pieces, party designs, floral garland, gift posy.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
Some experience with your own flowers at home or previous leisure floral course will be of benefit.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Create traditional and modern seasonal floral arrangements for the summer season including summer gift wraps and a themed piece
• Understand how to buy and prepare seasonal summer flowers to maximise their cut flower life
• Be able to name a variety of summer flower and foliage suitable for floral design
About Your Tutor:
Helen Allen has many years’ experience in floral design with her creations appearing in international magazines. She won ‘student of the year’ for her ANC floristry exam. Being freelance as ‘Verdila flowers’ she teaches to many different groups including sheltered schemes, and is busy with wedding and event work especially in the summer months
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
You will provide your own flowers and foliage each week although the tutor can provide some flowers and foliage for a reasonable price.
Expect to pay around £10 a week for flowers although actual price will depend upon the design and where you shop. It will be much less if you have a garden or your own foliage or flower source.
A starter pack containing some containers used on the course and basic floristry equipment eg wet foam, dish, container, vase etc. will be discussed at the start of the course for your convenience. Strong floristry scissors are also available to order for £8.00 if desired.
For the first session you will need to bring:
£10 for your first design has been included in the cost of the course.
Strong scissors, Binbag, notebook and pen, camera (optional) to record work completed in class.
Also a crate or semi rigid bag (eg supermarket bag) to transport your design.
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Other floral workshops eg Affordable Wedding Floristry on Saturday 19th May and Garlands for Summer on Saturday 16th June.The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*we do not accept American Express), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold, are in receipt of a means tested benefit or who are unemployed. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or email@example.com. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.