Flower Arranging / Floral Design: Large Scale Floral Arrangement (FEBRUARY DAY SCHOOL)
Location Coleridge Community College
Start Date 3 February 2017
Time 1.00pm - 3.30pm
Weeks 1 weeks
On this afternoon workshop you will consider larger scale floral arrangement covering top tips for a successful design. You will create a classically shaped, larger arrangement in step by step stages. Designs will be displayed on a pedestal base but be made individually.
Some knowledge of flower arranging will be an advantage although full instruction is given to guide you over the session.
All materials are included in the course fee.
Why not combine with the morning session for a full day of classic floral arranging
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
Some knowledge of flower arrangement or completion of the morning session will be an advantage. Please notify the college of any plant allergies before the course.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Apply techniques to create a classic larger scale arrangement to take home
• Know how to care for your completed floral work to maximise its life
• Learn the key points for a successful classical arrangement
About Your Tutor:
Helen Allen has many years’ experience in floral design with her creations appearing in international magazines. She won ‘student of the year’ for her ANC floristry exam. Freelance as ‘Verdila flowers’ she teaches to many different groups with leisure and floral qualification courses, and is busy with wedding and event work especially in the summer months.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
There is an allowance included in the fee for all plant material and sundries used for the arrangement but not individual pedestal bases
You will need to bring:
A small box or larger size bean tin so that you can raise your arrangement up (about 10-15cm above the table) whilst arranging. However if you have a pedestal base please bring it along. Strong scissors, (secateurs if you have them) Bin bag, camera (optional), apron. You may wish to provide hand wipes as the plant material can get messy! Bring a packed lunch or snack if staying all day.
No exam. This is a leisure class. You will record your progress through completed designs and one to one discussions with the tutor.
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Flower arranging leisure course on Thursday evenings at Coleridge or Monday afternoons at Coleridge.
Further floral workshops eg 10 Mar mother’s day flowers; 19 May 2018 wedding flower day at Coleridge and 16 June 2018 summer garlands. The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*50p charge), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold / are in receipt of a means tested benefit. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.