Flower Arranging / Floral Design: Garlands for Summer (JUNE DAY SCHOOL)
Location Parkside Community College
Start Date 16 June 2018
Time 10.00am - 2.00pm
Weeks 1 weeks
Garlands are really popular for parties and weddings. Have fun making a lovely summer garland.
Learn about the different types of garland and suitable plant material for a successful garland design.
All materials are included in the course fee.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
No knowledge required, just a love of flowers .Please notify the college of any plant allergies before the course.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Apply techniques to create a foliage and flower bound green garland of round 1.5m to take home
• Watch a demo to show different ways of making a garland
• Know how to care for your completed floral work to maximise its life
About Your Tutor:
Helen Allen has many years’ experience in floral design with her creations appearing in international magazines. She won ‘student of the year’ for her ANC floristry exam. Being freelance as ‘Verdila flowers’ she teaches to many different groups with leisure and floral qualification courses, and is busy with wedding and event work especially in the summer months.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
There is an allowance included in the fee for all plant material and sundries used.
You will need to bring:
Strong scissors, (secateurs and wire cutters if you have them) Binbag, apron. To transport your design you may like to let it hang or drape it over the back of the car if driving. If you have a long box this is also ideal. Hand wipes are optional. You may like to bring a packed lunch or snack.
No exam. This is a leisure class.
You will record your progress through the completed design and one to one discussions with the tutor.
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Flower arranging leisure course on Thursday evenings at Coleridge or Monday afternoons at Coleridge.
Further floral workshops. The Learn & Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
- For full course information: http://adult-education.parksidefederation.org.uk/
- We are able to accept bookings over the phone, please have your credit/debit card to hand.
- Places on any courses are only secure upon receipt of the FULL payment.
- Loyal Learners receive 5% discount towards the cost of any course in the 2017/18 academic year, to qualify for the discount full payment must be received before the enrolment deadline. For full terms and conditions contact the office.
- Postal enrolments with fees are welcome (please DO NOT send cash), make cheques payable to Parkside Federation Academies.
- Enrolments via email MUST NOT contain card payment details.
- Enrolments are welcome throughout the year.
- Courses with fewer than the relevant number of learners may have the option of continuing on payment of supplementary fees or the length of the course reducing.
- Upon enrolment you will receive learner information about college support and signposts to policies and regulations. If you do not have an email address please pick up a copy of the terms and conditions from the Adult Learn & Train office.
- Fees are payable in full when you enrol. We accept all major debit and *credit cards (*we do not accept American Express), cheques (made payable to Parkside Federation Academies), or cash (in person).
- Please note should you choose to withdraw from the course you will still be liable to pay any outstanding instalments.
- Refunds will only be paid in full when a class is closed at the discretion of the College, or if you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts. If you decide to cancel less than two weeks before the course starts you will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if a course has already started.
- Concessionary fees are available if you: are in receipt of the “Guaranteed Credit” element of the Pension Credit / have an income equivalent to the Government low income threshold, are in receipt of a means tested benefit or who are unemployed. Proof must be shown at enrolment, otherwise the full fee will be charged.
- If you have supplied your email address, you will receive a confirmation email following your enrolment. If you have not received this, please contact the Adult Learn & Train team on 01223 712340 or email@example.com. If the course is cancelled, we will contact you to offer an alternative or a full refund.
- Free Parking is available in the evening at all centres on a first come first serve basis. During the day spaces are extremely limited in the car park – street parking is available a short walk away. If you require accessible parking please contact the centre concerned to reserve a space.
- All college premises are strictly NO SMOKING sites, any learners wishing to smoke are asked to do so away from the immediate vicinity of the college.
- In the event of severe weather conditions that result in school closure: please check the website or tune into local radio for up-to-date information.
Some courses are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Equalities and Diversity Statement: We are fully committed to equality of opportunity and welcome enrolments from everyone.
We positively encourage all learners with any concerns about specific needs which might affect their learning to discuss their requirements with us in confidence. We believe that everyone is entitled to learn in an environment that is free from discriminatory behaviour so that we build a community based on mutual trust and respect.
We will ensure that resources and equipment are accessible to all and make reasonable adjustments to ensure that all learners can access activities.
Safeguarding Statement: Arrangements have been made to make sure that you are safe in this centre. If you feel you are not safe for any reason, for example through verbal or physical abuse or you have been discriminated against, please tell your tutor or the centre manager, who will investigate to ensure your safety.
Adult Learn and Train reserve the right to withdraw tuition and exam entries in the event of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour to other learners, tutor or staff.